Effective date: May 25, 2018
Managing Your Information
- In order to provide for your care here we need to collect and keep information about you and your health on our records.
- We will retain your information securely on our medical cloud based system known as Writeupp.
- We will only ask for and keep information that is necessary.
- We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements
- We will attempt to keep it as accurate and up to-date as possible.
- We will explain the need for any information we ask for if you are not sure why it is needed.
- We ask you to inform us about any relevant changes that we should know about, such as any new medical treatment or change of contact
- All persons in the practice (not already covered by a professional confidentiality code) sign a confidentiality agreement that explicitly makes clear their duties in relation to handling personal health information and the consequences of breaching that duty. Practice staff may have access to your records for the following:Typing referral letters to GPs, Hospital consultants,etc.Opening letters from hospitals and consultants.These letters are scanned into your electronic record.Scanning clinical letters, reports and any other documents not available in electronic format.Photocopying or printing documents for referral to consultants. Handling, printing, photocopying and mailing or emailing medico-legal, health insurance reports etc. and associated documents. We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirement
Disclosure of Information to Others
Access to patient records is regulated to ensure that they are used only to the extent that enables the practice staff to perform their tasks for the proper functioning of the Practice. In this regard, we may need to pass some of your information to other health and social care professionals in order to provide you with the treatment and services you need. Only the relevant part of your record will be released.These other professionals are also legally bound to treat your information with the same duty of care and confidentiality that we do.
Peak Physio (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.peakphysio.ie website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is the www.peakphysio.ie website operated by Peak Physio
* Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our
possession or likely to come into our possession).
* Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the
duration of a page visit).
* Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which
* Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
* Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you
(“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Phone number
* Usage Data
With consent we use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Peak Physio uses the collected data for various purposes:
* To provide and maintain our Service
* To notify you about changes to our Service
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
* To provide customer support
* To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve ourService
* To monitor the usage of our Service
* To detect, prevent and address technical issues
* To provide you with news, special offers and general information about services and events unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection
Peak Physio may process your Personal Data because:
* We need to perform a contract with you
* You have given us permission to do so
* For payment processing purposes
* To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Peak Physio will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time
Disclosure Of Data
Peak Physio may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* To comply with a legal obligation
* To protect and defend the rights or property of Peak Physio
* To prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the Service
* To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
* To protect against legal liability
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Peak Physio aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
* The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. .
* The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
* The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
* The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
* The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you.
* The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Peak Physio relied on your consent to process
your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform
Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
* Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and
monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and
personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-
about visits activity.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your
The payment processors we work with are:
Links To Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org